Monday, October 11, 2010

Never Mind the Bollocks

Here's the fucking Sex Pistols.  Probably one of the greatest bands of all time.

Some fascinating history behind this shit too.  I know I'm incredibly late on this but their bassist, Sid Vicious was a heroin addict who was framed for the killing of his girlfriend, was arrested and sent to rehab, then overdosed once he got out and died.  His mother found a suicide note in his jacket that said he had a death pact with the girl he killed and asked to be buried in a leather jacket, motorcycle boots, and jeans.

He was regarded as a shitty bass player by everyone, even the god Lemmy from Motorhead.  He seems like he was a sweet guy though, so R.I.P. Sid Vicious, February 2, 1979.



It's a punk rock day today, Bad Religion, Sex Pistols, and some crack rock steady.  I saw It's Kind of a Funny Story, the most stupid indie rock movie of all time but I still enjoyed it because I can pretty much enjoy any movie.  Zach Galifianakis, as expected, had an amazing performance.  That guy can do no wrong.  One bit I thought was really hilarious was when they showed him playing the piano and singing during the film, something he regularly does in his stand-up routines, WHICH ARE FUCKING HILARIOUS. If you want to see the funniest thing that guy ever did watch this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment